Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Newest Toy

Well friends, I did it. After taking the doublebevel inlay class with David Marks I had to get a decent scrollsaw so I could add inlays to some of my upcoming projects. I got the DeWalt variable speed scrollsaw with stand and light. Yesterday the saw and light showed up and this morning the stand came, so like a five year old on Christmas morning I couldn't wait to unwrap it and put it together. Assembling the stand was just a matter of bolting the legs to the stretchers. The saw only required attaching the table to the saw, while two screws on the side of the saw came off to hold the light in place.
After all was said and done I had one last thing to add, that's right, I had to put a WoodWhisperer sticker on the leg just for kicks.

Enjoy the pictures, I'm sure that very soon I'll have some doublebevel inlays to show you.




“Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” - Buddha

No comments: